Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A photo quilt

I am catching up on some posting and want to take the next couple of weeks to highlight some of quilted projects and quilts that I have worked on over this year. I don't have the capacity to post about every quilt I work on, therefore I aim to post things that I think might inspire your own creativity, like today's post!

This quilted wall hanging was a creative way to cherish and preserve memories using fabric photos! This was made by Thankful Sanftlefben. Thankful's daughter asked her to make this special memory wall hanging her in-law's anniversary celebration. She used dark and medium fabrics to create a shadow effect on the fabric which essentially framed each photo. The rose fabric was framed as one of the pictures to represent the roses from their wedding. I quilted on each frame with wiggle/squiggle lines and then the background with meandering leaves and swirls. I used three different thread colors to match each fabric. Using a double poly-batting makes the photos puff and not sag as there is no quilting on the photo (just on the frames). This way they stay smooth. For more pictures check out the Memory and T-shirt Quilts on the media gallery.


No comments: