Monday, March 14, 2011

Blooming Beans Quilt

I quilted my Blooming Beans Wall Hanging Quilt today using a thread painting technique - stitching with different colors of thread on raw edge applique'.  It really gives it a 3-D look.  The Blooming Beans Quilt is a bird's eye view of rows in a garden and the beans are just starting to bloom. One of those patterns that came to me in my dreams... I'll post more about that later.
Here is a photo of the wall hanging quilt before quilting.  I put the leaves and tiny blossoms on the background fabric (the dirt rows of the garden).  I pressed Heat 'n Bond Lite on the fabric pieces before I cut out the leaves and blossoms.
I would hang the quilt lengthwise, but you could also use it as a table topper or make it longer and use it as a table runner.
Some close up views of the 3- D effect of the quilting.  I used a washable wool batting.  It has a little more loft than 80/20 or 100% cotton, thus gives it a little puffiness for more dimension.


In the month of May I am going to do some of  my unfinished projects. I will start writing about it soon.... on a new page in this Blog at  May for Me! Today I took Minutes for Me!  I took a break from my quilting mid morning and pressed the applique' pieces and got the backing fabric ready.  Then later in the afternoon after I was done quilting customer's quilts, I took more Minutes for Me and quilted this wall hanging.  After dinner tonight I took more Minutes for Me and stitched the binding!  Then instead of watching TV, I uploaded photos and wrote this post!  WOW I like Minutes for Me!  We, all of us, should take time for ourselves. We don't do that enough.  Start with taking Minutes for Me and by the time May gets here, you can take LOTS of MINUTES for you!


Enjoy your day!


Marcia

1 comment:

jude3944 said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE YOUR MORNING GLORY. I'M NOT A QUILTER BUT I COLLECT FABRICS(LOL) BUT I LOVE ALL THE SCRAPPY QUILT TUTORIALS AND QUILT A LONGS OUT THERE .THAT'S HOW I FOUND YOUR BLOG. I'D LOVE TO MAKE ONE OF THESE..THANK YOU FOR SHARING ALL THE GREAT INFORMATION JUDE