Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sewing with my Mom!

My Mom and I are making a Passage Quilt for Rainbow Hospice.  We finished the center of the quilt top this weekend.  I will add 2 borders and quilt it.  Our sewing days go like this...I cut and sew and Mom presses.  My Mom is great with colors, so she makes the colors choices.  We make a pretty good team!


We also worked on making Comfort Pillows for Rainbow Hospice this weekend.  We make the long stuffed pillows for Hospice to use to comfort and pad a person in bed.  We started making these back in 1996 when my Dad had cancer and Hospice Care. We made some to help comfort Dad. Then we started to make them as a family with me sewing and my Mom and Jewels and BJ stuffing the pillows and then back to me to stitch them closed. Even my brother and his son have helped on occasion. Here's some pictures from our weekend of sewing.  My Mom's dog, Toby fell asleep while we sewing.





Oh, yes!  We make a pretty good sewing team!


Enjoy your day!




Marcia




Here is the link to the post of the completed Passage Quilt. and the post about how to make the comfort pillows.

3 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

This warms my heart. I want that to be my daughter and I someday. I LOVE that bottom photo!!

Chris Daly said...

Great pictures Marcia. It's fun to see you with your mom.

GerryART said...

Just like the two of you
DD#2 and I set aside SEW DAYs
so that we have time to create and chat.
Aren't they the best times ! !
hugs
Gerry