Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Weekend Post - Quilts at Organic Valley

The other day I posted photos of my quilts that were at the Organic Valley Quilt and Rug Show on my Crafty Sewing and Quilting in My Garden, Kitchen, and Home Blog. Friends and family suggested that I post them here too!  So here they are. In March I was invited to bring three quilts for their display!  The quilts were in their show from April through June 18th.  



I used my Easy to Sew Quilt Pattern to create the first quilt for a fabric challenge for Quilts by Barb's Retreat last year.  This quilt was also featured in the Ribbon Quilting video - click here for the post about it and here for post with up close photos of it and here for the link to the video.




My Red, Yellow, and Blue Baby Quilt was created for a challenge for Project Quilting.  I posted about the whole process of construction from choosing the colors, through the sewing, and the quilting .  Click here to see those posts.



This next quilt was made using a variation of the Easy to Sew Quilt Pattern.  I used four extra wide backing fabrics to construct this quilt. The floral black and white prints, the solid black, and the solid white.  Click here for the post about using extra wide fabrics for piecing.


Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Marcia

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Afternoon Marcia, love your easy pattern - on my 'must try' list. THe red/blue quilt is deffinately an interest with all the patterns quilted into each block. Thank you for sharing.

Belinda said...

I agree with Sharon. That's pretty cool looking!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilts. Thanks for showing them.

Sherry said...

Your quilts are amazing. I am glad you shared them on your blog. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

Qpatches said...

I JUST LOVE your simple ideas... and went to your other blog and LOVED the wall hanging with stuff all over it, PERFECT for my TEEN granddaughters!! NEAT IDEA.