Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Did You Enjoyed The First Day of May?

What did you do today?  
Did you find time to play for a few minutes?


I started my day off kissing my husband good bye as he headed off to work.  I said, " Enjoy today! It is the first day of May for Me!  Find time to play - even if it is just for a few minutes.  You will be happier!" ----  It sounded really corny when I said it.  He just kissed me and smiled...


I found time to play for a few minutes with the little blue and green squares. I was going to take them to the River. They were sitting next to my sewing machine and I just started sewing them together.


Some of the squares didn't line up. My corners don't match.  That is Ok, I was just playing!
I even found a few minutes at the end of my day to quilt a bit.  I'll finish it tomorrow.
On this one I stitched some rectangles into it and really didn't try to match anything up at all!
I'll share more about these later in the week.


I did not forget about the Zig Zag Block Challenge.  I will share more about that next week.
Tell me about your day.  What did you do?


My Bingo Items for calling will be on the next post starting at 5am CST on May 2nd.


Enjoying everyday in May --- One day at a time!
Marcia
This week I am sharing at:


9 comments:

Richard Healey said...

I sewed a couple rag quilts together for my wife and then some pinwheels for her. Tomorrow I am taking the day off from work along with next Thursday and Friday so they are my may for me days (along with mothers day is my b-day)

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://blog.beccacooks.com

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I enjoyed a day of sewing with my SIL. I made bias binding while she sewed it to the botholders she is making. With the two of us working together , it went very fast. We are sewing again today.

Mhairi said...

I dug out a BOM I ordered two years ago. I am determined to start it and hopefully finish it for my little girl who is going into a big bed (from her cot)
It is Mother Goose - http://kookaburracottagequilts.com.au/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=BlockoftheMonth
Scroll down to see pattern.
See you tomorrow.
PS - today is the 2nd here. Yesterday I drove for an hour to drop off a quilt to be quilted - that was my play for the day. It was a wonderful drive and looking around the quilt studio was lots of fun too.

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

I basted my "California Sun" quilt. It is quite big, so that took a long time..but it is done now, and ready to quilt!

Carrie P. said...

I didn't get to play in my sewing room yesterday but did get to play in the garden which is almost as good for me. :)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks like fun! I spent some time cutting up batiks and making some blocks.

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

I began my idea for a new pillow!! I love how your blocks didn't match up, we all have to let go a little sometime!!

elizabeth said...

Love the blue and green combination....so pretty : )
I am going to spray baste a couple baby quilts for machine quilting.

Donna Wilkes said...

Gave up sewing years ago, but when i see something this beautiful the itch to stitch returns. Followed from Rock and Share.

Distressed Donna Down Home