Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday --- Block #4

....from the My Favorite Block Quilt Along. It is called the Reflection Block. Pamela from Pamela Quilts shared the instructions for creating this block. Thanks Pamela!

I hopped over and read the instructions and printed it out to put into my binder.  The next day I made the block --- well I made two blocks!  Pamela shared how to make the block in a 12 1/2 inch block and a 6 1/2 inch block, so I made both.


I even had a few more scraps, so I made a couple more 4 patch blocks and made a strip of them.  I might need it for in between some of the blocks later.


This is a pretty cool looking and it is simple block to make.


Now I have four 12 1/2 inch blocks completed and a couple extra 6 1/2 inch blocks.


This quilt block was from last week, Thursday.  The 5th and 6th blocks will be shared at Persimon Dreams on February 12th and 14th - next week.

This week is a Project Quilting Challenge week.  We are on the 3rd Challenge.  I will share later in the week, what I am working on for the 3rd challenge.  Hop over and read the challenge.  So far, I think this is the coolest one.  After you read it, you will know why I am planning to do a thread painted quilted project. 

Enjoy your day!
Marcia

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I love your blocks Marcia and the color combos.