Saturday, February 9, 2013

Leafing Out!

I chose to name my challenge quilt for Project Quilting --- "Leafing Out".


I decided to challenge myself by leafing out and using the color green.  I shared the construction of the quilt top - here


I quilted my table runner with small meandering with leaves and swirls.


I call it "Meandering with a Twist".  It is my most favorite quilting.  It looks traditional, yet has a modern twist with the addition of the leaves.




I placed a few green things on my new green table runner.


I do not have many green dishes.


I bound the quilt with a black fabric an all machine stitched embroidery binding.


Full view.

I placed it side by side with the cream table runner I made a couple weeks ago that I promised I would share about it.  It was constructed the same way. Click here for the construction.


I can't wait to use my BLUE fabrics to make this quilt pattern.

Of course, I stitched my name and the year in the corner.


I am pleased to have finished my challenge quilt before Sunday at noon.

I will upload my photos to the Flicker site for Project Quilting.

Later, this week over at Persimons Dreams there will be voting for your favorite quilts.  Please hop over and check them out and place a vote.

Enjoy your weekend!
Take time to sew and quilt and play!
Marcia

3 comments:

Debbie said...

This turned out awesome. Love the easy up beat style this has. You mention thread painting.....I am seeing this as a way to do the background for threadplay challenge bonus at SewCalGal! Thanks for the added inspiration.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh I love it!! I have to check it out more;would love to make one.

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Beautiful runner Marcia, I love the greens and of course your quilting is fabulous!. Very nice job.