Monday, January 20, 2014

Getting Up Close to My Quilting --- Choose Overall Quilting?

Some quilts just need Overall Quilting.

Paisley Swirl Quilting is a perfect choice!



I always ask my customer questions: 
Who is the quilt for?  
Where will you use it? 
Wall hanging or lap quilt?

That helps with the quilting selection.


My customer is going to use this quilt as a wall hanging in her sewing room.


She is going to add buttons to embellish it.  She will add them on the tree and all the way around on the border on the vein and the outside border.





Choosing overall quilting was the best choice, as it will just be there and the buttons will be the focus of the quilt.

What a wonderful way to display your favorite buttons.  


Rolling it up, so it doesn't get creases or fold lines.



Enjoy!
Marcia

Other ways to display buttons that I have shared here:






3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is a really sweet panel nicely bordered and the all-ovr quilting just feels like swirling winds. Will be a lovely way to display buttons.

Unknown said...

How do you get the sewn lines all over the quilt and how do you give it that wrinkled look I'm a newbie. Sorry.

Unknown said...

How do you get the sewn lines all over the quilt and how do you give it that wrinkled look I'm a newbie. Sorry.