Thursday, November 13, 2014

Tulips for Rainbow Hospice!


I completed 30 Tulip Blocks at Quilts by Barb's Quilt Retreat.  I have more to make, as you can see. The retreat project this year, was Log Cabin Quilts, but you can select a project of your own.  I chose to work on this year's donation quilt for the Fireside's fundraiser for Rainbow Hospice.



Every year, my Mom buys the fabric and we make the quilt, usually together. This year, I started the quilt blocks at Barb's Quilt Retreat. I have attended the retreat every year for the past 12 years.  I signed up for next year, too!

We originally selected a blue background and only dark solids, but I changed my mind and went with a black background and added light solids.



It looks like a rainbow!





So pleased with the fabrics we selected for our Tulip Quilt.  The quilt pattern is in the book - Jelly Roll Quilts.  I did not use jelly rolls. I cut strips from my fabric 2 1/2 inches wide for the pieces.


At a quilt retreat, you need to take a break and eat a few snacks to energize yourself, so you can sew and sew and sew and then eat again!


I love all the colors with the black background.  Really makes them pop!










One of my friends said she had never taken a "Selfie" so we tried to take an "Us - sie" together! 



If you don't know what I look like .... I am the one on the left and up front holding the camera with the funny smile!

Another wonderful quilt retreat hosted by Quilts by Barb

I was inspired by one of my customer's quilts and that is why I selected this pattern.  Click here to see her Tulip Quilt.


Enjoy your day!

Marcia

No comments: