Friday, March 6, 2015

My Customers Bring Me the Coolest Quilts!

What a beautiful quilt!  My customer, Thankful made the Grand Illusions Mystery Quilt by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.



All information about my quilting and my customer's quilt at the end of this post.... Enjoy the photos!

























This is the new format for my "Getting Up Close with My Quilting Posts". All the information will be listed at the end of all the photos.

Quilting:
Two Color Ribbon Quilting - Medium size

Thread Colors:
Pirate Green and Mauve Pink

Batting:
Hobbs 80/20 Cotton/Poly Batting

Size:
90" X 90"

Other information:
Photos taken on a king size bed in the afternoon with natural lighting.
Backing fabric - extra wide (108") 100% cotton white with a grey triangle design.

Quilt Pattern: 
Grand Illusions by Bonnie Hunter
My Customer, Thankful participated in Bonnie's Mystery Quilt though a facebook group named Quiltville's Open Studio.  As you can see Thankful did not do her quilt with scrap fabrics. She used one color for each suggested color by Bonnie.

Bonnie shared a clue starting around Thanksgiving through the beginning of the year for the 2015 Mystery Quilt. Bonnie's Website is Quiltville.com and her blog is Quiltville's Quips and Snips. You will find a wealth of information on all of her sites and groups.

YES!  My customers bring me the coolest quilts!

Marcia

2 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Hello =). Your quilting is really fun! I tried Grand Illusion and it was a leeeeetle over the top piecing for my "pea-brain". This one is really pretty!

hugZ,
annie

Cheryl said...

I love the ribbon quilting you added. I would have never thought to use two different thread colors, what a great effect it gives!