Thursday, March 26, 2015

My String Bean Quilt for Pat Sloan's Challenge


I gathered up my colorful scraps to add to Pat's "Eat Your Fruits n' Veggies" Charm Pack.





I wanted some of Pat's fabric to be in the centers, so my rectangle was only 3 1/2" by 5".  My strips were odd sizes per one of her suggestions for the String Bean Quilt



It was a easy and fun quilt to make!



I found a cool floral blueish fabric for the last 2 strips and made it look like a lattice or sashing. I offset my rectangle blocks and I bordered it first with the blueish fabric also. Then I added colorful borders of a quilter's blenders fabric.




 I accidently assembled my blocks backwards per Pat's instructions. I just got so excited to make them... I read too fast, and just started sewing!  

I discovered it on the 12th quilt block!  Oh well --- backwards is just fine with me!  

I could have flipped the block on the top left around and it would have blended better, but I liked that it looked different.


I LOVE it!

Before I quilted my String Bean Quilt I was sewing on Sunday afternoon --- "Sunday's Scraps".  I cut all of my scraps from the String Bean Quilt into 2 inch squares.  I will share it sometime in the future.



I stopped to make an afternoon snack.  

It looked like my String Bean Quilt!



Of course, I had to take a couple photos!






I quilted my quilt very whimsically, with loops and big funky flowers similar to the floral fabric. I selected bright pink for the quilting thread and a wine pink for the backing fabric.

I selected Hobbs 80/20 Cotton/Poly batting. It is my favorite blend.












I made my quilt with Hospice in mind and plan to bind it and give it to the Rainbow Hospice Center of Jefferson County. (Wisconsin)





A few photos of the backside of the quilt.














Of course, I needed to take a full view photo!




And a few at an angle looking across the quilt.






I will add the binding next week.

I will link up this post with Pat Sloan's Link up on her blog on April 19th. 
On her blog, you can get the FREE instructions for making a String Bean Quilt.  Join in on this fun challenge!

Here is the link: Pat Sloan's String Bean Quilt Challenge



I am positive, I will make this quilt again! LOVE it!

Enjoy!

Marcia





UPDATE:  New Link up for all the finished quilt tops of the String Bean Quilts --- to enter to win prizes and to see all the beautiful quilts ---- Click HERE

2 comments:

Sandy Panagos said...

I love everything about this quilt -- the fabrics, the colors, the pattern, the quilting, the backing -- even the upside down block. It's perfect!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary B here
Me too
I love this quilt. What a wonderful gift for someone that is in great need of love and a reminder of life's precious meanings. I adore the colors, and YOU