Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I Quilted Dayna's Friendship Star Quilt

Dayna added a new block to the center of her quilt.  It really gave it a striking design and cool areas to quilt. Also gave it a raised dimension too.  I really enjoyed quilting it!

Thanks Dayna for selecting me to quilt your challenge quilt.

I did not realize I had so many yellows!  I laid them all on the quilt to select the best one.  I have several reds, but that was easy to choose.  I also found the best lavender too!




These three colors were perfect for the quilting.

I used a double batting consisting of 80/20 white and poly white Hobbs Batting.


Here's a full view of the quilt and the quilting.



I took several photos of the quilting on the back of the quilt. You can really see the wiggle line quilting and the swirls on this side against the yellow fabric.








And some up close photos of the quilting on the front of the quilt.




















A full view of the front and the backside.







Dayna posted on here blog about her quilt too Click here.

Information about getting your challenge quilt detail quilted for only $25.00 --- Click here.

I really enjoyed quilting Dayna's Quilt and look forward to quilting hers again and other participants too.

Click here to see Marsha's Quilt from the May Challenge.

Click here to see my quilt from the May Challenge.

Click here  to see Audrey's Quilt for the June Challenge.

Click here to see Marsha's Quilt for the June Challenge.

Click here to see all of the Friendship Star Quilts over at Persimon Dreams Blog - Project Quilting - Focus Through the Prism Series. 


Enjoy your day!

Marcia





1 comment:

Michele said...

It really turned out wonderful! Nicely done.