Sunday, January 31, 2016

Taking Time to Play --- Minutes for Me!

I have said it before, we need to take time to play and anyway what else would a quilter do on a Saturday?


I received a gift card for Christmas and I decided to use it for some fun stuff!

I bought 3 yards of fabric, a new scissors, and 2 paper punches (2 inch size).






Here's the beautiful fabric. I will use it for something fun! Of course, it is BLUE!


I cut several of each from an assortment of colors.


These will be fun to play with my grandson. 

I have been making fabric hexies for an I Spy Game to use with his I Spy Quilt that I made him last year for his 2nd birthday.


I have seen live Skype visits where he plays the matching game and I watched a video of him playing with his cousins, but I can not wait to see him play in real life when I visit him.


These are the ones I sent this week.  I can't wait til they arrive. I am sure he will love them. I had to make them in larger sizes so the item would fit on the hexie.


I really had fun with the cardstock hexagons.




Through Skype and when we are together, we can play color and counting games. My grandson speaks Dutch and English. I can also learn some words in Dutch. Like colors and numbers. This will be fun!

I made a card to mail to him next week.  I will fill the card with circles and hexagons. 


My daughter can write the words in Dutch for him and for me!


Take some time to play ..... Minutes for Me!
Enjoy your day!

Marcia

This is the link that takes you to the Fiskars Extra Large Squeeze Punches.  
There are a variety of punches.... I want them all!

No comments: